Learn computer generated display holography
Here you will find some educational material that might help you to start with computer generated display holography. Details on our real work can be found on the main page. Feel free to ask me any holography-related questions!
Tutorial course notes
The tutorial Computer generated display holography presented at the conference Eurographics 2017, 24 April, Lyon, France.
DOI: 10.2312/egt.20171031, http://dx.doi.org/10.2312/egt.20171031
- Original slides + course notes
- Original slides only
- Errata (typos already fixed in the slides and notes above)
- Sample scripts. Please note these scripts are very, very basic ones. Check "Octave/Matlab Holography Tools" section below for more practical educational scripts.
Octave/Matlab Holography Tools
Holography tools is a set of simple scripts for Octave or Matlab that show actual implementations of some basic building blocks of algorithms used in computer generated display holography. Among others, it contains:
Very basic scripts that generate a hologram; these are basically the same as the scripts for the Eurographics 2017 Tutorial (see above).
Demo scripts that show "advanced" functionality.
Propagation of coherent light between parallel planes using
- convolution in the spatial domain (3x FFT), e.g. the Rayleigh-Sommerfeld integral,
- convolution in the frequency domain (2x FFT), e.g. the angular spectrum decomposition,
- single Fourier transform (1x FFT), e.g. the Fraunhofer approximation.
with optional aliasing control.
Generation of basic waves (spherical, plane).
Basic hologram calculation procedures, e.g. bipolar intensity.
Propagation of a point cloud to a plane with optional aliasing control.
Talks, courses, etc.Check the section Talks, courses etc.on the main page.
Last change: 2017/05/15